Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Making pancakes

Since Phabmister has started working, I thought I want to be encourage him by becoming a good wife. First step, is to prepare him breakfast.

Hmm. Actually my choices were quite limited because ermm, my skill is limited? But since I love pancake I decided to try making some. Found a recipe and altered it to my taste.

Original Pancake

• 2 cups plain flour
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 2 1/2 tablespoons caster sugar
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 2 eggs
• 60g butter, melted, cooled
• extra melted butter, for cooking


Method
  1. Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in sugar.


  2. Whisk milk, eggs and butter together. Add to flour mixture. Use a wooden spoon to mix until well combined. Cover and stand batter for 15 minutes.


  3. Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Brush pan with a little extra butter.


  4. Pour 1/3 cup of batter into pan and use a spoon to spread batter out to a 12cm (diameter) circle. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles start to appear on surface. Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes, or until cooked through.


  5. Wrap pancake in a clean tea towel to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing pan in between pancakes.


Well, initially I did not melt the butter thus making the batter thick and uneven.I had to throw them away and make a second one, exactly according to the instruction.

I must say, it taste better than any pancake you can get from your nearest breakfast restaurant. The pancake goes well with butter and honey. I am thinking to use maple syrup next. Maybe marmalade for phabmister since he loves marmalade so much.

Anyway my point is, hello world, I now can cook pancake!

No comments: